Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Christmas is almost here so it's time to get ‘appy with the launch of our 12 Apps of Xmas.
What better way to enjoy the lead up to the festive season than discovering new ways each day to manage and improve your health through Health Apps.
From the 12th December, every day for 12 days, we will reveal a new App for you to enjoy, so check back each day to unwrap the days featured app. Hear we go.....
ON THE FIRST APP OF XMAS ORCHA GAVE TO ME......
DAY 1 - BRUSH DJ
ORCHA SCORE 79.3
The free, award-winning Brush DJ app makes brushing your teeth fun!
Brush DJ app is suitable for use by all ages. This toothbrush timer app plays 2 minutes of music from your devices, cloud or streaming service - to make toothbrushing for an effective length of time less boring!
Brush DJ has been developed by a dentist for anyone wanting to reduce their risk of gum disease and tooth decay. The app helps keep your smile healthy and breath fresh. Also, by using this app you will find new songs and rediscover your music collection- from guilty pleasures to holiday anthems!
Brush DJ works with either a manual or electric toothbrush and allows you to set reminders to:
•Change your toothbrush/brush head every 3 months
•Brush at least twice a day
•Floss/clean interdentally every day
•Use a mouthrinse at a different time to toothpaste
•When next to visit dentist, hygienist, orthodontist or dental therapist
DAY 2 - Change4Life Smart Recipes
ORCHA SCORE 79% ANDROID
ORCHA SCORE 78% iOS
It’s time to get cooking! The FREE Smart Recipe app from Change4Life is an easy way of helping you prepare tasty, healthier meals the whole family will love.
We all love tasty food but it’s not always easy to cook for the family if you're short on time and the kids are picky.
Remembering ingredients and keeping track of portion sizes can be a hassle. But don't worry, the Meal Mixer will take care of that for you!
• Search over 160 easy, calorie-counted recipes across breakfast, lunch, evening meals, puds
• Plan delicious, healthy recipes for the day, with one click of our simple Meal Mixer tool
• Easy to follow instructions and all the ingredients you’ll need to feed a family of 4 for around £5
• Save your favourite recipes so you can access them faster next time
• Keep track of what you need by creating and managing your shopping list at the click of a button
• Get loads of tips, advice and support so you and your family can make healthier meal choices
DAY 3 - eQuoo: Emotional Fitness Game
ORCHA SCORE 72% ANDROID
ORCHA SCORE 72% iOS
Brush up on your social skills and get Christmas party ready! From a psychologist and the makers of The Walking Dead games comes eQuoo: a game that teaches you psychological skills in a fun and captivating way.
Learn 2 skills and then unlock a choose your own adventure game where you need to use those skills to triumph and level up. The best part – these skills are great hacks in life too!
Do you know what an Emotional Bid is? Well, depending on how you react to one predicts whether you will be successful in a relationship, at work and with your friends!
Learn how you can become a master people person by downloading and playing the game of life.
DAY 4 - distrACT
ORCHA SCORE 80% iOS
Christmas can be a very challenging time. If you are struggling this year and need support, then this app is for you.
The distrACT app provides easy, quick and discreet access to general health information and advice about self-harm. The distrACT app provides you with all the information you need to understand self-harm better, manage it more safely, and know how to get help and support when you need it:
Open the app and find the following sections with reliable answers to your questions in plain language – anywhere, anytime, and in private:
ABOUT SELF-HARM: Check out what self-harm is, why people self-harm, and how to spot the warning signs
SELF-HELP: Learn how to identify your needs, manage the urge to self-harm and use safer alternatives
SUPPORT: Find out about how to get support, where to go for further help, and what to say
CHILL ZONE: Discover new resources that may help you feel better when you're struggling or feeling tense, including art, books, films, music, poems, quotes, stories and online videos
EMERGENCY: Know what to do in an emergency, how to access help and how best to work together with health professionals
The distrACT app has been created by practising medical doctors together with young adults and experts in self-harm and suicide prevention.
DAY 5 - Best-You
ORCHA SCORE 72% ANDROID
ORCHA SCORE 72% iOS
Get an early start on your New Years resolutions with Best You.
Its your wellbeing, health and happiness made simple. Whether you want to lose some weight, stop smoking, get more active or cut down on the alcohol you drink, Best-You helps you set your own simple goals to achieve what’s important to you.
BEST-YOU offers you the support to change your lifestyle habits, like our weight activity, the amount of alcohol we drink, connecting with other people that can help and support.
It’s the latest digital space for self care and stronger self management. Best-you is a fully integrated lifestyle place and is actively supported by public health and the NHS.
DAY 6 - Lifesum - Healthier living, better eating, more movement
ORCHA SCORE 73% iOS
Too many mince pies? Manage that Christmas calorie fest with Lifesum! Lifesum is an app that helps you to get healthy your way, no fuss. Healthy living. Simplified. Lose weight; Get stronger; Eat better.
This app is your personal diet plan, food tracker, calorie counter & healthy recipes, all in one place. Discover how tracking small habits can make a big difference & join millions on their journey to a healthier, happier you.
Low carb, ketogenic or high protein? Lifesum helps you find a diet plan best suited to you. Need some help to stay on track? Fear not. They’ve got tips, reminders & an intuitive food diary to help give you a hand.
Top Lifesum Features:
- Diet plans & tips for any goal - lose weight & eat healthy
- Calorie counter with barcode scanner for easy food tracking
- Macro tracker - see your daily nutrition & calories
DAY 7 - Self-help Anxiety Management
ORCHA SCORE 78% ANDROID
ORCHA SCORE 78% iOS
Christmas can be stressful – manage it all with Self-help Anxiety Management APP. SAM is a friendly app that offers a range of self-help methods for people who are serious about learning to manage their anxiety.
SAM has been developed by a university team of psychologists, computer scientists and student users. Established methods of self-help have been combined with high standards of usability to provide an engaging, flexible, and practical resource.
SAM will help you to understand what causes your anxiety, monitor your anxious thoughts and behaviour over time and manage your anxiety through self-help exercises and private reflection.
The key features of SAM are:
• Clearly laid out menus
• User guidance
• External links
• Self-monitoring of anxiety with graphical display
• 25 self-help options covering: Information about anxiety, Thinking and anxiety, Physical relaxation, Mental relaxation, Health and Anxiety
• Guidance on putting self-help into practice
• Closed social network of SAM users
DAY 8 - Elevate
ORCHA SCORE 81% ANDROID
ORCHA SCORE 83% iOS
gear up your brain up for the festivities!
Elevate was selected by Apple as App of the Year!
Elevate is a brain training program designed to improve focus, speaking abilities, processing speed, memory, math skills, and more. Each person is provided with a personalized training program that adjusts over time to maximize results.
The more you train with Elevate, the more you’ll improve critical cognitive skills that are proven to boost productivity, earning power, and self-confidence. Users who train at least 3 times per week have reported dramatic gains and increased confidence.
• 35+ games for critical cognitive skills like focus, memory, processing, math, precision, and comprehension
• Detailed performance tracking
• Personalized daily workouts that include the skills you need most
• Adaptive difficulty progression to ensure your experience is challenging
• Workout calendar to help you track your streaks and stay motivated
• Play 4 additional mini-games and review your performance on your Apple Watch with Elevate Dash
• And more!
DAY 9 - Catch App
ORCHA SCORE 73% ANDROID
ORCHA SCORE 73% iOS
help the NHS at Xmas
The CATCH app provides parents and carers with NHS-approved information, empowering you to know when your child needs treatment or when self-care would be more appropriate.
* Create a profile for your children and receive regular guidance and advice tailored to suit them as they grow.
* Information about what to do in an emergency, such as if your child swallows a button or battery - which can be reviewed at any time, ensuring you're prepared if a health emergency were to occur.
* Highly localised information about healthcare services and support groups available in Cheshire East. Explore a map of local health services, such as GPs, dentists and pharmacies.
* NHS-approved health advice. Be better informed on a range of conditions by reading advice from a trusted source. Information is supplied directly from NHS choices.
* Timely reminders about key health dates, such as childhood immunisations and seasonal advice.
DAY 10 - Medelinked
ORCHA SCORE 92% ANDROID
ORCHA SCORE 91% iOS
take control of your health info for 2019
Your Medelinked Health Account is your personal health record that enables you to build your health picture online, then connect and share and receive your health data from your network of trusted providers. The app enables you to have all your health information, including images and documents available on your handset. FEATURES Securely View, Create and amend your health records on the move. Create an emergency record by selecting the records that you what to be available should they be needed. You can share selected records with your health providers and collaborate in real time by email or click to ring. Having your information available for you at the point of care has never been easier. Synchronise your data from wellness / fitness devices to your Medelinked account and track your progress. Find Health Providers local to you and add them to your Health Network. Safety and data privacy are our highest priorities. Its your data which is securely encrypted with the latest technology and you decide who you share it with. The Medelinked Health App puts you in control of your essential health information, to help you with your health and wellness decisions.
DAY 11 - Worrinots
ORCHA SCORE 85% ANDROID
ORCHA SCORE 85% iOS
nice or naughty list anxiety
Let children off-load their worries with The Worrinots app in the comfort of their own home.
Parents/carers will need to use the Wotnot companion app to be able to monitor your child’s concerns.
The Worrinots is the very first secure app designed for children; specifically created to tackle the worrying increase in well-being concerns in young children.
The Worrinots app provides children with a safe and secure place to share their worries fears and concerns, which in turn provides them with a practical fun coping mechanism for their fears, using one of the four Worrinots characters.
Happy, safe and secure children thrive spiritually, socially and emotionally, so when The Worrinots are taking care of children’s worries, parents/carers can be assured their children are getting the best start in life.
When children are looking for Worri-tips and advice using the app, parents/carers can feel safe in their knowledge of knowing The Worrinots app is a secure platform they can trust.
DAY 12 - My house of Memories
ORCHA SCORE 77% ANDROID
sharing memories with loved ones at xmas
My House of Memories allows you to explore objects from the past and share memories together. It can be used by anyone, but has been designed for, and with, people living with dementia and their carers.
Browse through objects from across the decades, brought to life with multimedia, to reminisce about a range of every day objects, from school life to sport. Save objects to your own memory tree, memory box or memory timeline.
Create personal profiles for different people, so that they can save their favourite objects and look at them again. Find out more about living well with dementia, and how carers can support people through memory activities you can do together.
* Inspirational objects from a range of museums, spanning the decades 1920s-1980s to stimulate memory and conversation
* An easy to use design with simple touch screen controls that empower users
* Option to add themed sets of objects, from "work and family life" to "music and entertainment"
* Music, sound effects and videos to provide a rich, multi-sensory experience and bring objects to life * Activities to do together - collect your favourite objects for display in a memory tree, memory box or timeline
* A 'music box' function that plays back your memory display to a selection of music provided by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
* Export your memory tree, box or timeline to share with others
* A 'read aloud' option for people who prefer to listen than read
* Helpful 'Hints' to prompt people and remind them what the objects are
* Information for carers, including a dementia awareness guide, tips and ideas for memory activities and resources, an interactive quiz and a number of informative films